Thursday 8 November 2012

D.I.Y. Crafts: Embroidered Ryan Berkley Illustrations

 
For those of you who haven't seen my ever expanding bump, I'm seven months pregnant! We're in the process of decorating our spare room for our new arrival and i have been looking for some fun projects to adorn the nursery walls.
I came across these lovely dapper chaps on Sublime Stitching website. For those of you who don't know about Sublime Stitching, it's an independent company run by artist/embroiderer Jenny Hart. They stock everything from embroidery tools to transfer patterns by a variety of illustrators. The two designs above are by illustrator Ryan Berkley and are part of a pack of four (also including a cat and a rabbit).
 
I have a lot of odds and ends of embroidery thread and these patterns were a great way to use it all up! I wanted to keep a linear quality to the embroidery so i made the decision to block fill the jackets and leave the rest as a series of coloured lines.
 
If you would like to try some for yourself just follow the link here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment