Tuesday 26 February 2013

Inspiring Reads: Kate Spade, Things We Love

Front cover

I received my copy of Kate Spade New York: Things We Love a couple of days ago. Not being a major fan of Kate Spade it was a bit out of the ordinary for me to purchase the book. However I was lucky enough to have a look inside the book before buying and also read a few reviews which made my decision for me.

The book is hardback and quite large- more of a coffee table book rather than a read on the train kind of book. First impressions are that the book screams of quality. The front cover is colourful and glossy and the pages are edged in gold.
For those looking for a history of the brand or how to become a designer etc this isn't the book for you. There is minimal text and the majority of text is favourite quotes etc that relate to each chapter. The book is more of a visual journey through the brand's inspiration.

Chapter from the book


Each chapter is introduced with a bold image and colourful page insert. The images that make up each chapter are completely varied, some are old black and white photographs, some are from fashion shoots while others are objects or drawings. Its a bit like an upmarket, super organised sketchbook.

If you are a designer or artist I highly recommend this book. The rrp of £25 is a little steep but you definitely get your moneys worth in the quality of the images and overall design of the book. Its a book that I know I will definitely have a flick through when i'm in a bit of a creative rut or before designing a new collection of works.


Images from the book

The book is available from Amazon for around £17.

No comments:

Post a Comment