Tuesday 4 June 2013

Crafty Exploits: More Embroidery Experimentations

Over the past few weeks I've been designing the new Paperfolk embroidery collection. I'm always in my element when i'm working on a few different things at once so I've been enjoying researching and experimenting with different ideas.

My sketchbook was bursting with illustrations and patterns so I decided to mock up a few different pieces. The images below are for a brooch and a collar necklace. I mostly wanted to practice satin stitch on the collar necklace because it's been a while and its always a stitch that I need to get into the flow of doing.

I'm moving onto a few other pieces tonight- hopefully I don't get sucked into producing lots of experiments and forget to actually produce some products for the shop!

As always any comments or feedback is much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment