Friday 14 February 2014

Photography

I can't remember if I shared this with you all before but I originally studied Fine Art Photography at Glasgow School of Art. I've always liked to dip in and out of different art mediums but I did really enjoy my time focussed on photography. It's strange to think back now that digital wasn't really on anyone's mind- we had three computers with photoshop on them for the whole department. I was more interested in using medium format cameras because I like the hands on process. I processed my own film and printed in a colour darkroom, I feel really lucky to have been able to do that.

I have always been interested in how people collect items and how we use them in our homes. I completed a project that looked at how we spend lifetimes decorating homes that don't belong to us. In Glasgow we have many areas that are populated with housing provided by local councils and when people pass away there is a very short time period (a couple of weeks) for families to clear the home, leaving no trace. The following images were taken in these homes... if you would like to see more check out my photography section here.










No comments:

Post a Comment