Thursday 10 July 2014

Paperfolk Loves... Takashi Iwasaki

"Things that I feel are never the same in the next moment because I keep changing. Capturing moments and sharing my visions with others have been my recent obsession and pleasure." - Takashi Iwasaki

Takashi Iwasaki is an artist, originally born in Japan but now living in Canada, creates artworks using a variety of materials. As always, I was particularly interested in his  abstract embroidery works. I really enjoyed the minimalist look and also the colour palette used, I think it allows the embroidery stitches to have more of a prominence.

Here are some of Takashi's works below but there are lots more works to browse on his website including non-embroidery works such as sculpture, collage and drawings.











No comments:

Post a Comment