Sunday 5 October 2014

Monday Musings: Streetcar



I've always been a bit funny about watching theatre on the big screen. For me, its always felt the same as watching a concert on television (doesn't match up to the real thing). I decided to put all of my reservations aside and go to a screening of A Streetcar Named Desire at The Grosvenor Cinema in Glasgow.
I'm now gonna eat my words- it was A-mazing! The performances by all actors were fantastic. They must be so physically fit to do this type of theatre every night. The revolving set and limitations of all scenes taking place over two rooms was so engaging. I also loved the location in the Young Vic, London. There was a short film during the intermission about the ethos of the theatre and it just looks like such a creative environment to work in as a director. I'm looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment